Test the auto-trader without paying a penny
Download 14 days trial
After filling out the form, the MasbotN3 Auto-Trader installation file will be sent directly to your computer. We have also prepared documentation↗ on how to use this auto-trader so that you can easily understand how to install and configure it.
NinjaTrader 8 MasbotN3 Auto-Trader installation process
1. Download auto-trader by filling up the form above↗, or use the installation file that you've got after purchasing the trader.
2. Import trader to NinjaTrader 8 [NinjaTrader –> Tools –> Import –> NinjaScript Add-on –> Select downloaded .zip file]
3. Import auto-trader templates into NinjaTrader 8 documents folder [You can download all the templates by simply clicking on the button below]
4. IMPORTANT! After importing templates into NT8 documents folder, compile Ninja Trader as it shown on video [NinjaTrader 8 Control Center –> New –> NinjaScript Editor –> Compile]
or [Restart NT8 after import]
5. Send machine ID to firstname.lastname@example.org↗ [Machine ID can be Found at NinjaTrader 8 Control Center –> Help –> About]
NinjaTrader 8 Auto-Trader setup
How to run the auto-trader in NT8
1. Add auto-trader to your strategy tab [NinjaTrader –> Strategies tab –> Left Click –> New strategy…]
2. Select the auto-trader that you want to add and test
3. Select the auto-trader template, that you want to test on live data [Template –> Load –> Select the template]
4. Go to Data Series tab and select the instrument, bar type and value that matches the selected template
5. Click the Time Frame tab and increase Days to load value to at least 30 days
5. Go to Setup tab and select the account* on which you want to run the test
* We recommend you to run the test on simulated accounts first. Once you are satisfied with the results of the sim account, you can move on to the real test.
NinjaTrader 8 Auto-Trader instrument optimization
How to optimize the auto-trader
1. Go to Strategy Analyzer in Ninja Trader 8 platform [NinjaTrader –> New –> Strategy Analyzer]
2. Select the Optimization mode under General tab
3. Use strategy that you want to optimize
4. Select the pre-made optimization template [Template –> Load –> find in the list “Strategy Analyzer optimization template”]
5. Go to Data Series tab and select the instrument, bar type and value that you want to optimize on
6. Click the Time Frame tab and select the optimization period, it should be at least 1 month
7. Go to Optimize tab and select preferred optimization criteria for which you want to optimize the strategy
8. Select preferred optimization criteria for which you want to optimize, the strategy Max. net profit recommended
9. Under the GO properties tab you will find Generation size and Generations settings, by changing which you can influence the number of tests and their speed in order to get acceptable optimization results 25-100 & 5-25 recommended
10. Run the optimization. Once optimization is complete, select the result that shows the best performance and save the settings as a template that can be used later when adding the strategy to the sim test [Template –> Save–> give it a name you can understand “Market – Timeframe – Performance – etc.”]
* If you do not get a result that you are satisfied with, run the optimization process with the same settings at least twice. If after a double test the result is not encouraging, you can change the timeframe, market and bar type to get the best result.
** Each auto-trader has a recommended bar type (you can see it in the premade templates that we provide), it is highly recommended to use exactly those bar types.
*** Do not use very low timeframes, it will have a negative impact on the auto-trader and its results.